Receive, verify, sort, disperse and account for vault cargo items, maintaining inventory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Check identifying numbers or seals on bags of deposits and/or change shipments against the receipts accompanying each bag, or against the listing provided for such bags, boxes or containers.
- Count items, record amounts and serial numbers, sign and date receipts and manifests.
- Load/unload wagons or flatbed carts with bags/boxes of coin weighing an average of 50 lbs. per item. Function is performed several times during a 6 to 10 hour shift, 5 to 6 days per week.
- Load/unload buggies containing bags of currency/checks weighing an average of 50 lbs. per item. Function is performed several times during a 6 to 10 hours shift, 5 to 6 days per week.
- Sort individual cargo items by route.
- Communicate verbally with co-workers and with customers via telephone.
- Push/pull wagons, carts, buggies, dollies loaded with cargo weighing up to several hundred pounds.
- Unrestricted ability to repetitiously bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn, and reach out.
- Perform repetitious lifting of items weighing an average of 50 lbs. each from floor level to approximately 4-foot high counter top or to load/unload wagons, carts, buggies or dollies.
- Maintain a stooped or squatting position for several minutes to perform the sorting function.
- Walk continuously between bins, vaults, booths, counters and stand on concrete floor approximately 80 percent of shift.
- Read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with co-workers and customers, and to read receipts, manifests and reports.
- Sign and record numbers by hand and to make entries on records and prepare reports.
- Ability to count, add, subtract and balance columns of numbers.
- Meet State requirements for handgun license/permit or Security Officer Commission.
- Full-time schedule can consist of 45 to 50 hours per week with a minimum of 5 days anytime during a 7-day period.
- Work is performed within an enclosed area with little or no visibility to the outdoors.
- Work area is air-conditioned / heated (68-72 degree temperature range) with periodic high noise levels.
Loomis employees drive the very core of our business. Our success depends on our team members, and that's why it's important for us to offer an employee benefits program that is not only extremely comprehensive, but also one of the best in the industry. Key benefit components include:
- Health insurance, Dental, Vision plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- 401(k) plan
- Basic life insurance plan
- Voluntary life insurance plan
- Flexible spending account
- Dependent care account