Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
TNA team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing direct nursing and personal care support. This position is responsible for assisting residents with all aspects of Daily Living Activities ensuring that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. The TNA position is established by the designated facility as a temporary measure and shall be implemented only in accordance with state/federal permission, waiver and mandates.
- Responsible for responding immediately to residents' requests.
- Exhibits the highest level of customer service towards residents, staff and visitors.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Observes and practices confidentiality of resident information and privacy when performing job duties.
- Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living (ADL), according to their plan of care, individual needs, and care preferences: Bathing, Dressing, Easting, Positioning, Ambulation, Grooming (including nail care), Toileting, Exercising, Transferring, Transportation.
- Assist in providing appropriate mental stimulation and validation therapy for residents, unless contraindicated:
- Encourage participation and transport residents to activity events.
- Place residents in areas conducive to social interaction at periods throughout the day.
- Provide validation therapy in conversation with resident throughout the day, including appropriate conversation during mealtime and care
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members; considering the impact of your actions on team members.
- Assist other team members in the performance of their assignments.
- Seek out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary within facility.
- Receive report about status of residents from licensed professional and/or designated department head prior to providing care.
- Notify licensed professional and/or designated department head of changes in residents' conditions needs, and of any unusual incidents regarding residents:
- Follow plan of care in providing daily living and personal care services for resident.
- Inform licensed professional and/or designated department head if difficulty occurs providing personal care services or if unable to complete tasks per personal care plan.
- Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this position, and for all staff members of this facility.
- Performs all position duties according to safety rules and standards of practice required for this position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
- Timely report about facility equipment that needs repair, unsafe conditions in room or unit area, or personal needs of residents, such as adaptive equipment and alarms.
- Maintain facility standards for resident care
- Minimum 16 years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 16-17 years of age
- Certificate of completion of the established company TNA training
Elderwood of Uihlein at Lake Placid is a 156 bed skilled nursing facility (SNF) providing comprehensive,personalized orthopedic,cardiac and post-surgical rehab programs,including physical,occupational,and speech therapy. Our services include Subacute Care and Rehabilitation,Palliative Care,Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care.
401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.