ENSCO, Inc. is seeking a Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer to support the Department of Defense (DoD) Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM) programs for the United States Air Force (USAF) Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) headquartered in El Segundo, CA. This position, located in Colorado Springs, will be part of the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering & Integration Team (MSEIT) responsible for the development of requirements, test and verification and interoperability certification. The candidate will provide test and evaluation and test operations support of a diverse set of strategic and tactical MILSATCOM systems and infrastructure. Duties include:
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Lead staff in design, plan, coordinate, and execute testing on the Air Force Command Post Terminal (AFCPT), Time Distribution Subsystem Pre Processor (TDSPP), Milstar Messaging Application (MMA), Global Broadcast Service (GBS), Ground Multi-band Terminals (GMT), Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) networks, various other systems, subsystems and MILSATCOM devices.
- Provide engineering and technician-level support for each of the above systems, including integration, communication circuit troubleshooting, system-level anomaly resolution, and the identification
- Identify & isolation software or hardware defects to evaluate/assess system modifications for shortfalls or interoperability issues and provide technical assessments to the client with regards to the modifications.
- Manage authoring and delivery of technical documentation including test plans, test procedures, system configuration diagrams, engineering studies, technical white papers, and test reports.
- Travel: approximately 10%
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or equivalent technical discipline
- Knowledge of DoD mission system sustainment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- 15+ years of proven leadership or program management experience leading diverse groups of projects and personnel
- 15+ years of experience working with military or DoD civilian clients and managing professional relationships
- 10+ years of experience with DoD/USAF test processes and documentation
- 10+ years of experience managing multiple projects concurrently from start to finish
- 5+ years of experience with MILSATCOM equipment and troubleshooting
- 5+ years of experience handling Communications Security (COMSEC) materials and devices
- AN ACTIVE DOD SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or equivalent technical discipline
- Specific experience operating or maintaining the following: AFCPT, TDSPP, MMA, GMT, GBS Receive Suites, NC3, cryptographic equipment (e.g., KIV-7M, ANDVT, KGV-11, KG-250), or related infrastructure and/or support equipment
- Experience with Secure Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC), Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) automated benchmark checks and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) manual checks, Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) manual checks, and DISA STIG Viewer
- Experience with working in a highly competitive multi-contractor environment
- Must be a motivated, self-starter capable of autonomous on-the-job learning/improvement
- Systems engineering certifications, such as CSEP, ESEP, OCSMP
The Aerospace Sciences and Engineering (ASE) Division is based in Cocoa Beach, Fla. ASE's primary focus is aerospace engineering and meteorological systems.
ENSCO's aerospace engineering efforts support launch range activities throughout the U.S. ASE employees reliably develop and evaluate highly technical systems for critical launch operations, including range instrumentation, safety and communications.
The ASE Division is the premier integrator of disparate weather systems and technologies to enhance safety, reduce cost, and lessen weather impacts on space launches, aviation and business operations. ASE's world-class meteorological capabilities, systems knowledge, and experience provide customers with systems that meet their exact requirements in a cost-effective manner.
Key customers include NASA, the Department of Defense, and commercial airlines.Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.