As a Senior Solutions Architect
(SA) and a member of the Pre-Sales Engineering Team, the candidate will be responsible for working with Presidio account managers and customers to collect requirements for Networking, Wireless and Security infrastructure projects and develop engineering solutions and proposals.This position will be based in the Pittsburgh, PA area, however much of the time for this position is spent meeting with customers at their locations (or via conference calls).
A successful Solutions Architect should be able to present and explain various technologies to customers, guide them through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services. SAs are responsible for creating scopes of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions. Specific Responsibilities:
- Meet with Presidio's customers, collecting requirements for infrastructure solutions
- Present and explain technologies to customers, guide them through requirements gathering and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services
- Develop engineering solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
- Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationships and solutions to assist in the sales process
- Create high level solutions designs/architecture and present to customers
- Creative customer-facing presentations
- Create Bills of Materials & Configurations for solutions
- Develop Professional Services Pricing
- Write Statements of Work and Proposals
- Create scope of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions.
- Mentor deployment engineers in emerging technologies
- Provide technical leadership and consulting around next generation technologies (opportunity to learn)
Candidates must have expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of at least 3 of the following:
- 5+ years of architecting and implementing complex Networking solutions
- Demonstrated passion for technology, solution design, and self-study
- Comfortable leading group presentations, solution demonstrations, and whiteboard sessions
- Experience deploying enterprise networks
- Strong Pre Sales / Cisco Solutions Design expertise
- Strong sales acumen and technical expertise
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and certifications:
- Complex campus and data center routing and switching solutions (Cisco is a must, Cisco Certifications and specializations highly desired)
- Cisco Wireless LAN
- Firewall, VPN and malware (Cisco and/or Palo Alto)
- Cisco Meraki portfolio
- Cloud networking (AWS/Azure)
- Certification as a CCNA or CCNP is desired.
- CCIE is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience.
- Additional experience with Palo Alto, Riverbed, F5, AWS, Azure, SD-WAN and VMware NSX is a plus.
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for its customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2019, we serve approximately 7,900 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $3.0 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. For more information visit: . Digital Infrastructure:
Our Digital Infrastructure solutions help make existing IT infrastructure more efficient, while equipping our clients for a cloud-flexible, mobile-ready, highly secured, insight-driven future. Given the millions of potential configurations across these technologies, our clients rely on our expertise to simplify a highly complex IT landscape, helping to identify and deploy the solutions most appropriate for their business needs. Our Digital Infrastructure solutions scale from workgroup to the largest enterprise requirements. Cloud:
We help our clients take cloud strategy and adoption to the next level. Through our advanced cloud solutions practice, combined with Presidio's IT infrastructure expertise, we provide private, hybrid, and multi cloud solutions. By closely aligning our services and solutions with our strategic partners Microsoft Azure™, Amazon Web Services™, Intel ® and VMware™ Presidio offers cloud strategy, architecture and implementation services along with application rationalization and migration across the hybrid and multi-cloud data center environment. In addition, our new and innovative Presidio Cloud Concierge solution provides a foundation for Automation and Self-Services across Clouds to improve productivity and drive increased levels of governance and security.
Rather than a "one size fits all" approach, or having to choose between public or private, Presidio tailors a hybrid cloud strategy to meet your unique business requirements. We help our clients accelerate and simplify cloud adoption across the entire IT lifecycle. Security:
Our comprehensive security risk methodology gives customers the ability to safeguard their environments and critical business data. This includes continuous threat protection and risk mitigation through the Presidio Cyber Risk Management program, a next generation approach that integrates security strategy, assessments, architecture and remediation, and aligns all of these with organizational goals.
Presidio Cyber Risk Management provides clients with a holistic approach for effective security policies and procedures, risk assessment and management, regulatory compliance, incident response, and education and awareness. We use an established risk management methodology and proprietary risk scoring process to provide the IT leader and board of directors with an ongoing view of their organization's risk exposure and remediation path.Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: (Get Acrobat Reader) If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to for assistance. Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to . RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation. #LI- JM3
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)