The Sr Graphic Designer applies knowledge and expertise to effectively communicate customer needs through artwork and products. This role is responsible for ensuring that graphic design intent is met on behalf of the client. The Sr Graphic Designer focuses on inception creation and verification and validation that key strategies and deliverables are being maintained on time and within set billing and client changes. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Reads, interprets and designs visual communication deliverables.
- Consults with Graphic Design team on artwork or product plans, vision, layout and production.
- Utilizes graphic software to design and product finished artwork or product.
- Interfaces directly with the customer to edit and revise artwork as needed to produce a quality product.
- Prioritizes work orders, expediting orders that must be filled immediately.
- Ensures consistency of design with production, brand and quality standards.
- Verifies customer order size and written instructions match customer artwork.
- Examines the accuracy of the orders before processing.
- Proofreads/inspects the accuracy of completed work.
- Tracks and reports on all graphic work being completed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Arts, Art or related field
- 4+ years of previous graphic design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- Proficient in Adobe Photo-Shop, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, and Omax Software. Mac experience preferred.
- Experience with other design software. CNC Routing software experience preferred.
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Matthews Memorialization is a leader in the memorialization industry who is committed to helping customers grow their businesses and helping families move from grieving to remembrance by providing products of superior craftsmanship and revenue generating programs and services. Within this industry, our Environmental Solutions is focused on the design and manufacture of advanced combustion systems. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW) Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team at .