The Shipping/ Warehouse Supervisor is a key factory staff member responsible for directing, inspecting, and maintaining programs and processes that support the Shipping and Receiving departments within Kimber Manufacturing. The Shipping/ Warehouse Supervisor will work in concert with cross functional teams and other departments to provide support in achieving material goals defined and established by upper management.
- Perform continuous analysis of inventory activity to ensure meeting management guidelines
- Conduct, record, and track daily shipping and receiving activity
- Assist in establishing and controlling minimum and maximum inventory levels
- Accurately interpret production schedules, customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine materials to be moved, gathered, or distributed
- Monitor transfers of materials internally and externally
- Implement change orders as required on material in inventory
- Supervise the movement of materials from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly or other workers
- Coordinate the scrap process to ensure proper documentation and system updates are completed
- Utilizes strong problem solving skills to meet or exceed production requirements that include but are not limited to:
- Safety Metrics
- Quality Metrics (FPY, FAV on time, Capability Achieved)
- Cost Metrics (Scrap, Labor, maintenance and Supplies, etc.)
- Delivery schedules (Schedule Actualization and Yield)
- Familiar with UPS, UPS Hazmat, UPS Freight, FedEx, LTL shipments and specialty shipment
- Ability to handle various products in packing
- Experience operating a hand truck, cart, dolly, forklift, and other material handling equipment to transport items within Kimber and various locations
- Familiar with Electronic Data Integration (EDI)
- Must be able to accurately input all required data
- Experience determining offsets and ability to adjust accordingly
- Develop standard work, setup sheets, and standard operations for production jobs
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word and excel)
- Accurately make independent decisions on product disposition
- Trouble shoot various problems and develop corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
- Adhere and monitor SOP
- Perform other related duties as assigned
This position has supervisory responsibilities including:
- Supervise employees assigned regarding their daily activities, assignments, schedules and adherence to company policies
- Provide leadership for employee relation through effective communication, coaching, training, and development
- Detail and implement long-term direct reports/organization plan to increase overall department responsiveness
- Ensure the staff is properly trained for their assigned tasks
- Execute performance reviews and disciplinary action as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of firearms; quality, features, safety, etc. is a plus
- Demonstrable track record of 10 years of successfully working in a high volume manufacturing environment with a minimum of 5 years of leading and managing
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Cross functional team builder/player with high levels of professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm
- Must be able to work accurately and efficiently in a fast work environment that has the potential to change due to regulatory and business needs
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Experience working independently with little supervision
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting
- Computer/Software proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Vocational/Technical Degree
- Familiarity with MRP/ ERP systems
This position requires various reasoning abilities in order to be successful such as:
- Ability to collect, document, and interpret data
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to perform complex and varied tasks
- Ability to perform simple, repetitive tasks for an extended period of time
Required knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word using MS Windows platform. MS PowerPoint and Outlook.
This position may require travel occasionally.
Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, overtime before and after shifts and on weekends. Ability to work as part of a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of the job the employee works in a manufacturing environment and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires compliance with ITAR requirement. Must be a “U.S. Person” (per ITAR 120.15) and are required to show proof substantiating this upon being hired.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties and/or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice at the sole discretion of the Company.