If making a difference in someone's life is important to you, join our team today! Make a difference in the lives of incredible children. Join our team today!
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to assist in ensuring the general health and well-being of our residents by providing direct nursing (RN) care. Direct nursing care of residents encompasses planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the care of residents to ensure that the highest degree of quality care and regulatory compliance is maintained at all times.
This is a part-time position that will require 1 weekday and every 3rd weekend rotation. Shifts are 12-hour shifts from 7am-7pm (approximately).
Day-to-Day tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Screen and provide an in-depth evaluation of the needs of ventilator & respiratory clients
- Consult with the attending physician regarding treatment protocol and make written recommendations for interdisciplinary care planning and treatment
- Inform residents or qualified representative about care and treatment plan and possible outcomes of treatment, or lack of treatment if resident refuses participation in a respiratory rehabilitation program
- Identify problems and develop a complete plan of care according to facility/unit policy and federal/state regulations
- Initiate ventilator weaning protocol and/or respiratory rehabilitation in accordance with the physician's orders; maintain required contact with physician
- Maintain written records, evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries of residents receiving respiratory treatment and monitoring according to state, federal, and facility policies
- Attend, as necessary, and provide input at the Resident Care Planning (RCP) meetings for interdisciplinary team and the Resident/Family Care Plan Review Meeting; complete required documentation after the meetings
- Record resident's plan of care in the Interdisciplinary Care Plan as required or as needed
- Contribute to the completion of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) within the established time frame and incorporate the results in the plan of care when appropriate
- Confer with personnel of other departments and provide required training to meet special needs of residents
- Valid PA State license/registration to practice as Registered Licensed Nurse (RN)
- Minimum of two (2) years (RN) nursing experience
- Associates of Nursing required; Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Pediatric experience strongly preferred
- Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel required
- Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required
- Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required
Established in 1993,Pediatric Specialty Care has been successfully caring for medically fragile and technology dependent children. We provide a home-like environment where state-of-the-art technology combines with stimulating,age-appropriate living. We are devoted to all aspects of an individual's needs: complex medical,psychological,educational,and spiritual. Our goal is to enable children with special needs to realize their fullest potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
12 hour shifts, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Conveniently located on a bus route, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, Free On-Site Parking, Strong leadership, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.