We are in search of an Occupational Health Nurse to work within our facility. As an instrumental member of our Environmental, Health and Safety Team, the Occupational Health Nurse (“OHN”) is expected to work collaboratively with leadership, operations and other functional areas, and employees to promote a healthy and safe work environment, while still efficiently meeting the business needs. The OHN will help workers remain healthy and productive with a focus on employee protection from work-related and environmental hazards and prevention of illness and injury in the workplace. The right candidate must possess both a proactive and positive attitude along with a strong ability to work with others to further the Company’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork.
- Develop creative, engaging programs by which to increase awareness of health risks and the overall wellness of Company employees; develop an awareness of Health needs of the workforce and individuals;
- Ability to interact with all levels of associates to foster behavioral change related to employee Health;
- Develop and maintain relationships with local area medical providers.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements related to clinical operations;
- Maintain appropriate records associated with the responsibilities of the position in a confidential manner;
- Manage and administer the site specific workers’ compensation program, including evaluation and initial treatment of injuries, maintenance and filing of required forms, coordinating with workers’ compensation insurer, and where appropriate, assisting with the return to work program at the facility;
- Manage and administer site specific records and logs for OSHA reporting purposes coordinating with the EHS Shared Services Leader;
- Administer site specific programs, including, but not limited to, the Company’s Substance Abuse Policy & Hearing Conservation program;
- Provide required training and testing to employees, including, but not limited to, hearing conservation, blood borne pathogens, and blood lead level monitoring;
- Assist with the administration of the site specific annual Health & Wellness Fair;
- Administer immunization programs, such as Influenza & Hepatitis A&B
- Develop protocols for and coordinate the local Emergency Responder program as required by Federal and State OSH standards;
- Participate in the process for accommodations under the ADA;
- Maintain current awareness of applicable federal, state and local health, industrial hygiene and safety regulations;
- Maintain adequate amounts of Health Clinic supplies such as routine OTC meds and bandaging, for emergency use and ensure that all medical supplies & equipment are current, in good working order and calibrated, if indicated;
- Must exhibit proficient communication in both written and oral form, including being able to articulate while publicly speaking.
- Basic computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be of high integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times. Other requirements and considerations include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current unencumbered Registered Nurse Licensure;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an RN is required. Experience in Occupational Health nursing in a manufacturing environment is desirable, but not required. COHN preferred;
- Basic Life Support (BLS);
- Ability to travel minimally within the United States to other Ruger locations, as required.
Certifications: (Preferred, but not required-must have the ability to obtain)
• COHN preferred
Salary: Base salary $75,000.
Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and OPIM bodily fluids including blood. Will be exposed to loud noises, as loud as 85 dcB or higher while on the plant floor. Those areas are in a mandatory hearing conservation program as required by OSHA standards. Personal protective equipment that is required includes hearing protection (ear buds or ear muffs), safety glasses, and gloves (as needed). Shoes must be slip resistant, or rubber hard soles, with closed toes and heel.
Must be able to successfully pass a drug and background screen.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, and would like to become a member of our team, please apply via our career website.
Applications will be reviewed as received. If we have further interest, we will reach out to you directly. Thank you, for your interest in Ruger Firearms.