Formerly Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation, American Outdoor Brands Corporation (NASDAQ: AOBC) represents a broad and growing array of brands and companies providing quality products for shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiasts in the global consumer and professional markets.
To be the leading provider of quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast.
To leverage our employees' capabilities and experience to design, product, and market high quality, innovative firearms, accessories, and outdoor products that meet the needs and desires of our consumer and professional customers while delivering a healthy financial performance.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, onsite fitness center, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
Coordinate and document key quality department activities, including ISO maintenance, preventative and corrective actions, and lead continuous improvement and safety throughout SWPC Plastics. Assist in the day-to-day activities of the Quality Department.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university with a technical background
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment required
- Ability to problem solve and facilitate root cause analysis and corrective action
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong customer skills, including a sense of urgency
- Use and knowledge of quality standards; International, Federal, and Customer specific
- Understand and develop PPAP, FMEA, PFMEA, Control plans, and inspection plans
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment and ability to assess equipment requirements to best fit the quality plan
- Ability to interpret blueprints
- Use and knowledge of statistical techniques
- Organization, facilitation and communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products and statistical programs
- Must be Fluent in English
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the SAP software at SWPC Plastics with emphasis on the Quality Department
- Develop, implement, and maintain ISO quality management system
- Manage the internal audit program including scheduling and conducting audits, documenting findings and following up on corrective/preventive actions
- As needed create, implement and maintain company-wide training programs.
- Facilitate and lead corrective / preventive action reviews as well other company improvement programs
- Identify potentials for product quality improvements and drive the improvement efforts
- Communicate process/product quality standards to plant personnel through personal discussion, written instruction, training activities, etc.
- Develop quality measuring and reporting system and implement quality improvement programs
- Ensure safe working environment and that workers follow safety guidelines--participate in SWPC Plastic's safety committee
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
- Works in an office environment.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
Within any of our facilities, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing and distribution operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.