We are in search of a Manufacturing Engineer with 5-7 years’ experience to work in our Prescott, AZ location. As an instrumental member of our Manufacturing Team, the Manufacturing Engineer is expected to work collaboratively with leadership, operations and other functional areas, and employees to promote a productive and amicable work environment, while still efficiently meeting the business needs. The Manufacturing Engineer will be hands on and will spend the majority of their time on the factory floor and must have significant machining experience. The individual will be responsible for developing, maintaining and improving manufacturing and assembly processes, equipment and tooling and sequence and flow of operations for the production of components and products. The right candidate must be ambitious and self-reliant with a problem solving focus, and be able to function autonomously with a “cradle to grave process ownership” focus. The individual must also be able to adhere to the Company’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems with the manufacturing process.
- Improve the manufacturability of products and assist with the introduction of new product lines into production.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Evaluate new processes, equipment suppliers and technology to facilitate continuous improvement of overall efficiency and quality.
- Participate in update meetings with line managers and operators to give and receive latest information to stay current on issues.
- Participate in Product Development Cycle by participating on project teams as required.
- Collaborate with design engineers to evaluate the manufacturability and assembly of the design of a product and recommend changes aimed at DFMA
- Program CNC machines using CAM to manufacture components.
- Design systems and manufacturing solutions.
- Design tools and fixtures for the production process.
- Analyze the economics of solutions to determine the financial feasibility of a product or design
- Specify tools and equipment needed to perform manufacturing operations
- Generate technical drawings, utilizing the CAD/CAM program, and then assign the drawings to R&D, the tool room or outside machine shop for manufacturing
- Prove out the manufactured solution to ensure the resolution is sound
- Serve as project manager on manufacturing projects as requested
- Coordinate with EHS manager, city, county, state and federal agencies to ensure compliance with governmental regulations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Generate purchase orders on necessary parts or equipment needed.
- Train personnel on specific process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be of high integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times. Other requirements and considerations include:
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering preferred; 5 - 7 years manufacturing experience; CAD/CAM experience; strong knowledge of setting up and operating CNC equipment; strong knowledge of trouble shooting manufacturing processes; strong knowledge of fixture & gauge design use; knowledge of GD&T; knowledge of capability studies and gauge R&R; strong communication proficiency, organizational, presentation and problem solving/analysis skills.
Must be able to successfully pass a drug and background screen.
Salary: D.O.E-Please include your salary requirements with your resume.
Additional benefits to becoming a member of our team:
- Competitive compensation package including competitive salary, profit share and bonus (bonus and profit share based on company performance)
- Heath benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Life and Retirement benefits including 401k match, discretionary supplemental 401k contribution, basic and supplemental life options, as well as short- and long-term disability plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Relocation Assistance is available for the right candidate that is eager to move north of the Phoenix area.
- Casual work environment
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, and would like to become a member of our team, please apply via our career website.
Applications will be reviewed as received. If we have further interest, we will reach out to you directly. Thank you, for your interest in Ruger Firearms.