The objective of this position is to provide efficient manufacturing, assembly, and developmental processes within Beretta USA, as well as continuously improve existing manufacturing processes. Responsibilities involve developing/designing, installing, testing, and providing constant support and instruction in all aspects involved within the manufacturing processes provided.
Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing and assembly methods, utilizing thorough knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling, work-holding design, and manufacturing equipment capabilities. This position covers knowledge and support over all aspects of manufacturing within the Beretta USA facility.
· Work with the Product Development team to identify and relay the manufacturing needs of individual components based on capabilities that prove to be efficient.
· Support site initiatives for Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and productivity improvements
· Determine and develop manufacturing processes for machining, assembly, and inspection that will translate into turn-key applications for full-term production.
· Implement in-process dimensions and tolerances specific for production phase requirements.
· Design fully capable hydraulic, pneumatic, and manual work-holding fixtures. Design intent should have flexibility and modularity, while providing poka-yoke approaches where needed to assist in simplifying and safe-guarding production.
· Provide efficient and capable NC programs for CNC applications. Program design intent should focus on flexibility between product variations.
Assist providing fundamental support and direction to entry floor level Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing personnel by the following:
· Define and provide support in designing tools and tool packages necessary to manufacture production components. Assist with performing tooling studies to continually optimize cycle times and tooling costs.
· Establish directions for designing process documentation for individual processes.
· Supports Industrialization of the Processes in house.
· Evaluate manufacturing processes for improvement of product flow, cost, and First Time Yield (FTY).
· Perform other duties as needed to support R&D and Manufacturing
Work is performed in a group office environment.
Utilization of P.C. and Microsoft Office applications.
Interaction with Industrial Equipment and Raw Materials
BSME/BSIE and at least 8 years of manufacturing experience in a technical role (or at least 10 years equivalent experience)
· Ability to create CNC programs for multi-axis turning centers and 5-axis machine centers using MasterCAM, FeatureCAM, or similar CAM package
· Full comprehension of Macro-based CNC programming
· Strong knowledge of CNC and conventional machining processes of various metals
· Strong understanding of the practical application and verification of GD&T
· Ability to design tooling to support safety, quality and productivity objectives
· Ability to manage projects in a team environment
· Proficiency in 3D CAD modeling. (NX software preferred, but not required)
· Automation and Controls experience is a plus.
Disclaimer: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.