Join our strong and growing company today!
Point Pleasant, PA- Laundry Aide needed for immediate opening!
- Starting pay is $12.98/hr and does increase base on level of experience
- Shift can be flexible. Apply no matter what shift you are available!
- Weekends & Holidays are including in rotation for 5-day work week
- Reliable tranportation required as we are not on a public transportation route
We are currently seeking a Laundry Aide to provide fresh, clean clothing and linens enhances residents' well-being and keeps living spaces and common areas comfortable.
Day-to-Day tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Collect soiled linen and personal clothing of residents from designated areas within the facility and transport to laundry area
- Sort soiled linen or clothes into appropriate categories according to type, soiling, fabric and color
- Label residents clothing and retain records of personal possessions of each resident
- Assist in locating missing articles of clothing
- Load washing machines, selects wash cycle, adds soaps, detergents, and bleaches
- Transfer washed linen or clothes into dryers and start machine
- Sort dry linen, and fold and prepare for delivery to designated areas within the facility
- Prepare for delivery, and distribute personal garments of residents
- Remove lint and dust from machines, and keep laundry area clean on a daily basis
- Practice good infection control measures in the processing of laundry items and in personal habits
- Handle responsibility for keeping compounds and hazardous substances properly stored
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 21 years or older
- Position related experience preferred but not required
- Ability to perform assigned tasks to a high degree of excellence, and cleanliness required
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 (fifty) pounds to a minimum height of 4 (four) feet and be able to push, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 2 (two) feet
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which include a medical and physical examination
- Respect for residents' privacy and rights for respect and dignity necessary
Established in 1993,Pediatric Specialty Care has been successfully caring for medically fragile and technology dependent children. We provide a home-like environment where state-of-the-art technology combines with stimulating,age-appropriate living. We are devoted to all aspects of an individual's needs: complex medical,psychological,educational,and spiritual. Our goal is to enable children with special needs to realize their fullest potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, Generous PTO & holiday package, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Picturesque, 30-acre wooded campus, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.