SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for cleaning the facility to ensure a clean and attractive work environment.
* Cleans and sanitizes the employee lunch room, mopping floors, washing and wiping tables and chairs, and cleaning counters, walls, microwaves, the outside of vending machines and refrigerators, shelving, baseboards and other eating areas.
* Cleans, sweeps, and dusts Cleanrooms, warehouse, door entrances, and other areas to ensure that work areas are clean and neat.
* Dusts office areas, including guard shacks.
* Cleans windows and glass doors outside and inside, in various areas of the facility.
* Cleans and disinfects bathrooms and sees that all paper and personal hygiene supplies are stocked.
* Cleans and stocks gowning rooms.
* Stocks supplies in all areas, as needed.
* Empties trash throughout the Merit facility and disposes of it properly in assigned areas.
* Assists with the recycling program by collecting and disposing of products such as aluminum, paper and cardboard.
* Operates cleaning equipment and uses cleaning chemicals safely and properly in performing cleaning and maintenance assignments. This may include vacuuming carpeting and hard surfaces using vacuum. Spots cleans carpets and mops floors.
* Assists Facilities in the set-up of meetings, training sessions and special events.
* Complete appropriate checklists of cleaning the clean rooms as required by regulations.
* Performs other duties and tasks, as needed.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply.
* Standing -- spends majority of the shift working on their feet
* Climbing -- stairs and ladders
* Visual acuity
* Field of vision/peripheral
* Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; bend, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and/or hear.
* Chemical vapors
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Ability to read, write, and do simple math.
* Ability to follow through on assigned tasks.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well with others.
* Three months of janitorial experience.
* Education equivalent to a High School diploma.
* Equipment maintenance/operation
* Cleaning processes
* Documentation processes
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at to see the video titled "Great people, Great products, Great Company". Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people who want to build something special through hard work, team effort, and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
As an eligible Merit employee, you can expect the following:
* Multiple Shifts and Hours to choose from: Days, Swing (Eve), and Nights
* Medical/Dental & Other Insurances (eligible the first of month after 30 days)
* No Cost Onsite Dental Clinic | Low Cost Onsite Medical Clinic
* Two (2) Onsite Cafeterias
* Employee Garden | Gardening Classes
* 3 Weeks' Vacation | 1 Week Sick-Time | Paid Holidays
* 401K | Health Savings Account
To see more on our culture, go to .
Day in the Life:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled