Apply for this job now
Janitor (Day Shift: SUN- THU) $12.25 +$500 Sign on Bonus
- South Jordan, Utah
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 30 Jun 2020
Apply for this job now
Sun 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Mon to Thu 6:00 am to 3:30 pm
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for cleaning the facility to ensure a clean and attractive work environment.
* Cleans and sanitizes the employee lunch room, mopping floors, washing and wiping tables and chairs, and cleaning counters, walls, microwaves, the outside of vending machines and refrigerators, shelving, baseboards and other eating areas.
* Cleans, sweeps, and dusts Cleanrooms, warehouse, door entrances, and other areas to ensure that work areas are clean and neat.
* Dusts office areas, including guard shacks.
* Cleans windows and glass doors outside and inside, in various areas of the facility.
* Cleans and disinfects bathrooms and sees that all paper and personal hygiene supplies are stocked.
* Cleans and stocks gowning rooms.
* Stocks supplies in all areas, as needed.
* Empties trash throughout the Merit facility and disposes of it properly in assigned areas.
* Assists with the recycling program by collecting and disposing of products such as aluminum, paper and cardboard.
* Operates cleaning equipment and uses cleaning chemicals safely and properly in performing cleaning and maintenance assignments. This may include vacuuming carpeting and hard surfaces using vacuum. Spots cleans carpets and mops floors.
* Assists Facilities in the set-up of meetings, training sessions and special events.
* Complete appropriate checklists of cleaning the clean rooms as required by regulations.
* Performs other duties and tasks, as needed.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply.
* Standing -- spends majority of the shift working on their feet
* Climbing -- stairs and ladders
* Visual acuity
* Field of vision/peripheral
* Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; bend, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and/or hear.
* Chemical vapors
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Ability to read, write, and do simple math.
* Ability to follow through on assigned tasks.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well with others.
* Three months of janitorial experience.
* Education equivalent to a High School diploma.
* Equipment maintenance/operation
* Cleaning processes
* Documentation processes
Infectious Control Risk Category I:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category I states employment and procedures that will require exposure.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Job Reference: 159453655-2
- Date Posted: 30 June 2020
- Recruiter: Merit Medical
- Location: South Jordan, Utah
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Veterans Jobs
- Job Type: Full Time