Working as a member of a cross-function team, conduct product design of new products and development of existing products from concept to production
- New design of firearms, components, assemblies and accessories in accordance with company new product development process and within schedule and budget requirements.
- Create complete technical data packages, up to an including Level 3, utilizing standard configuration control practices.
- Perform technical research and analyses.
- Perform product improvement of existing products.
- Perform risk assessments for projects and designs. Develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Author technical specifications, test plans, and engineering reports.
- Work as a collaborative member of a project team.
- Evaluate functions and performance of prototypes in close cooperation with testing team.
- Support production team industrialization efforts.
- The successful candidate will possess at least 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Effective verbal communication and ability to be a team player.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Experience with tollgate product release process.
- Experience with DOD contracts and testing requirements.
- 5+ years of CAD experience; SolidWorks preferred.
- Solid understanding and application of GD&T.
- Experience performing engineering analyses (e.g. tolerance stacks, FEA, kinematics)
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
*Prefer prior SAP experience.
*Ability to travel.