Formerly Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation, American Outdoor Brands Corporation (NASDAQ: AOBC) represents a broad and growing array of brands and companies providing quality products for shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiasts in the global consumer and professional markets.
To be the leading provider of quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast.
To leverage our employees' capabilities and experience to design, product, and market high quality, innovative firearms, accessories, and outdoor products that meet the needs and desires of our consumer and professional customers while delivering a healthy financial performance.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, onsite fitness center, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
Performs accounting functions consisting of inventory and labor hour maintenance and month end close responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good command of the English language in both verbal and written skills.
- Self -motivated, independent and proactive worker with a high level of organization, professionalism and attention to detail.
- Work experience in a manufacturing work environment.
- Advanced Excel formula and modeling skills required.
- Experience with queries a plus.
- Solid communication and analytical skills.
- Familiarity and willingness to work in a deadline- oriented, fast paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports monthly close process.
- Prepares monthly inventory and COGS journal entries.
- Assists in the management of the standard cost system, including changes to routings and bills of
- Conducts annual standard cost roll reflecting latest routings, economics and changes to overhead rates.
- Prepares cost estimates of new or special products for establishing selling prices and production forecasts.
- Analyze Purchase Price & Production Variances.
- Analyze and adjust the Inventory Reserves.
- Review departmental spending vs. budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by
- Assists the Senior Cost Accounting Manager with recommendations on system and reporting improvement.
- Partners with key internal customers (i.e. operations) to ensure accurate and meaningful reporting and analys
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
- Continuous: sitting
- Occasional: walking, standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, fine and gross upper body motor movement.
- Extended time in sitting position, prolong use of computer and possible eye
- Occasional lift: 0 to 30 pounds
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
Within any of our facilities, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing and distribution operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.