CohnReznick, one of the Top 15 Accounting Firms in the country, is looking for a Chief People Officer (CPO) to join our team. The CPO provides guidance and strategic direction, and leads the People & Culture (P&C) function. The CPO is responsible for leading the development and execution of the People Strategy & Initiatives, and ensuring alignment with organizational strategic plan objectives. This role also serves as the HR Business Advisor to the CEO and leads overall P&C governance. The CPO reports into the CEO and has eight (8) direct reports.
The P&C Team at CohnReznick is 70 people strong nationally.
CohnReznick is recognized as a top Advisory, Assurance and Tax Firm with a team of over 3,000 employees in 25 cities. As a member of our leadership team, we will provide you with the necessary tools and opportunities to take your career to the next level. Your success is our success!
As the Chief People Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing P&C Function strategy including the Centers of Excellence for Talent Acquisition, Talent Management & Learning, Total Rewards and P&C Operations.
- Providing human resources expertise and support to HRBPs and Business Leaders.
- Ensuring alignment of P&C objectives with firm strategy.
- Ensuring development of the People & Culture team.
- Managing overall P&C budget.
- Ensuring strategic alignment and due diligence during merger/acquisitions regarding P&C function, people, and systems.
- Providing organizational development consulting to firm senior leaders.
- Leading recruitment of executive leaders.
- Overseeing all hiring within the P&C Team
- Developing and leading human resources governance; and serve as final escalation point for all People-related concerns.
- Leading P&C department and firm-wide special projects.
The Chief People Officer will ensure a People centric & technology integrated function. He or she will drive greater analytics and insights through people centric data. The CPO is the key interface with Marketing/IT/Finance/Innovation. They are the primary point of P&C contact for key stakeholders such as Leadership Team and Executive Board. The CPO will serve as Firm Representative/Ambassador/External Board Member as needed.
Successful candidate will demonstrate a track record of excellence in:
- Being a master at and role model for effective communication.
- Maintaining keen business acumen.
- Being a skilled change agent.
- Promoting, embracing and championing organizational change initiatives, while helping anticipate and overcome obstacles
- Building effective teams and creating a culture of collaboration and effective teaming.
- Conveying a strong executive presence and being recognized as a trusted leader.
- Having a keen sense of judgment and exceling at taking calculated risks. The CPO sets People & Culture goals and initiatives and empowers others to execute.
- Exhibiting comprehensive HR knowledge that promotes profitable growth for the Firm; encourages a learning environment.
- Assuming complete responsibility for client excellence, including relationship management, goal/strategy setting, ongoing communications and resolving complex issues.
- Creating and managing project portfolio; prioritizing projects based on Firm's goals and strategies.
- Exhibiting standard of operational excellence for others to follow; functioning as strategic business partner to all clients and vendors.
- Providing top thought leadership to the Firm; championing a high performing culture within P&C.
The Chief People Officer will champion a culture that recognizes and upholds the Firm's mission, purpose and vision, and code of conduct; is recognized for integrity in every aspect of their role.
You will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or business related field .
- Minimum 10 years of progressive Human Resources experience, including experience in partnering with a business leader as senior HR practitioner.
- Prior HR experience in professional services industry.
- In depth knowledge of all Federal, State, and Local employment laws.
- Extensive understanding of Human Resources strategic issues and challenges.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and build, establish and maintain trust and credibility.
- Ability to travel to multiple office locations as well as internationally, as needed.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and HR systems .
- Experience with state of the art, integrated people-centric technologies.
Having the following would be considered a plus:
- Master's degree in HR, Organizational Design or an MBA
- HRCI SPHR or SHRM-SCP designation
- Knowledge and experience with the following tools: UltiPro, Cornerstone, and RedCarpet systems
Your CR Advantage:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible work environment
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to satisfactory background check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.