At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Oklahoma City Flight Deck Avionics and Communications Group is seeking a Technical Lead Engineer to be located in Oklahoma City, OK.
The candidate will provide engineering and technical decisions for Boeing Military Derivative Aircraft (AEW&C, AWACS, E6) on a diverse set of projects related to the Flight Deck. The candidate will lead the flight deck team from a technical perspective, from work with customers to develop and document flight deck system requirements through the critical support of issues identified in fielded hardware and software. The candidate will mentor and coach lesser experienced engineers providing knowledge transfer to aid in growing our next generation of engineers, and provide technical guidance and review for senior members of the team. This person is expected to be recognized as a business unit-wide expert in process development and qualification, physical and functional integration and installation design and resolving supplier technical issues.
Assignments may deal with:
Leads work with customers to develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements on complex multi-tiered projects.
Leads analysis and translation of complex requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
Leads testing and validation work on complex system designs to assure that operational and functional requirements are met.
Works with other to develop program test strategies.
Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership.
Utilizes existing engineering drawings, company and industry standards, and problem reports to resolve complex deficiencies observed during and after modifications.
Provides critical support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
Leads research into technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Makes recommendations for technology investments.
Other job responsibilities may include:
- Technical Lead Engineer responsible for establishing and maintaining technical standards for the Flight Deck Avionics and Communications designs.
- Functions as primary reviewer of all design aspects (architecture, checkout procedures, supplier specifications, certification approaches)
- Leads, develops, maintains and releases electrical/mechanical drawings, systems designs or engineering documentation and data by applying Company, industry and governmental standards for multiple customers.
- Manages, interprets and develops design requirements.
- Uses design tools to document and maintain configuration design control.
- Manages, creates, develops and maintains complex systems designs by preparing design layouts, modifying existing designs and integrating systems elements.
- Validates complex engineering system design and functionality.
- Leads the process for product installation designs and part designs ranging from simple to complex.
- Coordinates activities and products with cross-functional groups, internal partners and external suppliers.
- Reviews and assigns work to others.
- Works under minimal mentorship.
- responsible for leading and teaching the team on all aspects of the design
- Must possess exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry required.
- 10 or more years' work experience in flight deck design required,
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time as required
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- ABET accreditation is the preferred
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electronic and Electrical Technical design
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (eg Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (eg PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it's the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company's commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.